Sunday, May 27, 2007

Dim Sum Galore

As promised earlier, today I had a chance to take pictures of all my Dim Sum endeavors :). I'll start off with my all-time favorite, the Eggyolk Bun (they call it 'Liu Sa Pau' in Mandarin).


If you have a sweet tooth then this is definitely the one! Hot steaming sweetened egg yolk oozing out from the bun, and once you taste it, it starts off with a savory taste and ends with a sweet aftertaste.


Besides the Eggyolk Bun, I had a chance to try another bun, which if I am not wrong is called the Oatmeal Bun. It basically tastes like steamed buns with Horlicks (not to my liking).



Well, all was not sweet in the morning. I guarantee you'll be full if you just have the steamed buns for breakfast! Now, what we need for this Westerner is a steak! And a Miniature Steak it is! China's not famous for their beef, so I can't compare it to Australian and American beef, but I guess it's still OK.



Next up, SPARE PARTS! (YUCK!). Not a fan of spare parts, but all the Chinese here seem to fancy them, on top you will see a bowl of COAGULATED PORK BLOOD and also BEEF INTESTINES (Gotta find a better name for it, but they call it 'Niu Bai Yeh' in Mandarin).

Will sign off for now, meanwhile I will keep the blog updated with more China experiences. Have to get back to work right now (thankfully I am enjoying the food here so I can keep my mind off work for a while at least).

No comments: