Saturday, May 26, 2007

McDonalds China Style! (Part 1)

Since McDonalds is one of my favorite fast food chains, it would be a sin not to visit them in another country which I am in. Among the variations that I have seen in China, I will document each of them when I have the time to try all their offerings.

For now, I will show you 2 different things that you will most probably not find (if you have then lucky you, though I know Malaysia won't have it anytime soon).

First up, ORANGE PIE! I was so excited at the sight of an orange pie when I was there for a 'to-go' order. My first thoughts on cooked orange, was "Wouldn't it taste bitter, as oranges usually would after they are heated up?". But because orange is one of my favorite flavors, I decided to just try it out. To my surprise, it was sweeeeeeeeet and really tasty! Not only did that manage to maintain the orange taste but you can feel the texture of the orange peels, a definite must-try for those visiting China. Hmmmmm, now I'm wondering do they have a MdDonalds strawberry pie somewhere around the world?



Secondly, is really nothing special. In Malaysia, we call it Spicy Chicken McDeluxe (most probably you have other names in different places), a simple fired-chicken fillet with spicy flavoring in burger style. But the reason I highlighted this is because its fillet is so much bigger compared to the ones I have in my country! It's at least 2cm bigger in length and width, and its thickness it most probably 0.5cm more then what I have in Malaysia. Too bad I don't have any pictures of the Malaysian version for comparison but for Malaysian pals, judge it for yourselves from the picture.

No comments: