Saturday, May 26, 2007

Dinner Outing in China

I'm currently in China and on my second day of arrival I was greeted with a lavish dinner of 'exotic' and rare food. I forgot to bring a camera during breakfast and lunch so i can't share with you the wonderful 'dim sums' yet, but don't worry I'll definitely show them once I have a chance to. Meanwhile enjoy the following:-

1) Fried Chicken - Plain old ordinary chicken but fried to perfection with fattening high cholesterol pork oil :) (YUM YUM!) HAHA!



2) Roasted Goose - I initially thought this was roasted duck (similar to those Beijing roasted duck) but turns out when one of my friend pointed out to me that it was a goose and not a duck. DELICIOUS as you can see from the picture, its texture is akin to silky smooth skin and when bitten the juices that flow out of the meat simply fills your mouth with the tantalizing herbal juices used to marinate it. Definitely on my favorite list of Chinese delicacies.



3) Shark Meat Stir-fried With Vegetable - As for this dish, the only unique part was the fact that it had shark meat in it! Never thought that they would make a dish out of shark meat but I guess anything goes in China right? (I mean since they are killing the shark for the fins, why not utilize the meat too so that it doesn't go to waste). Well, if any one of you reading this wants to give it a try, I strongly DO NOT RECOMMEND it. It resembles your familiar taste of the ordinary fishball except with the difference of a very high price tag.



4) Duck's Feet Webbings - Initially this dish wasn't on the order list, but when the people on the table realized that my tolerance of alcohol was higher than they expected, they did not hesitate to add on another few rounds of liqour with this dish to serve as an 'appetizer' to the alcohol. I have to admit that it wasn't really spectacular, given that it feels more crunchy than anything else.



5) Duck's Intestines (I don't know how else to describe it) - For the finale, like the name suggests, we had duck intestines. I usually don't take animal's 'spare parts' but in this case I was in China and everyone on the table was urging me to try some..........so in the end I obliged. To my surprise, it was actually quite nice when dipped with a sauce which tasted similar to your salsa sauce. Although it looks kinda soft, but it's actually crunchy when you take your bite on it. So, for all those 'spare parts' lover, this is a recommended dish.

1 comment:

crushedguava said...

looks good.

do you update once every 1 year or something?